I just heard a story on the news that Pedro Martinez is upset with the Red Sox. After all.. he needs to make a living. I wasn't able to find his current salary, but his 2003 salary was $15,500,000.
How can he possible survive on that salary?!
Cry me a river. Shut UP Pedro.. pack your damn bags and get out....mmkay.
What They Said:
LBF says Ugg on 5/7/2004
I agree. Win games and hate the place is one thing. Complain and then start losing..ADIOS....
Hooray Hooray.. the first of May...
... you finish it...
What They Said:
LBF says Weeeee on 5/7/2004
Outdoor something or other.....
U.S. Mint thinks that adding boobs to the Sacagawea dollar will make it more popular. [Detriot Free Press]
Take out a 1 dollar bill.. take a good look at it, then click here to see how much you don't know about the dollar.
Wish I had Google Options
Google Files for $2.7 Bln IPO with SEC
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Google Inc., the world's No. 1 Web search provider, filed with U.S. regulators on Thursday to become a publicly listed company, saying it would sell as much as $2.7 billion in stock in a widely expected initial public offering.
... Google got off to a fast start this year, with a first-quarter profit of $64 million, or 24 cents per share ....
I'm one of those people that can't tell their left from their right. Well, it's not that I can't, it's just that I have to think about my left hand making an "L" shape ("L" for left) and then I'm ok.
There I said... I feel better now. On a positive note, I think I've finally mastered greater than and less than.
Email is broken
Attempts to fix e-mail have failed, as spam proliferates unabated. It's time to think big about how to solve the Internet's biggest problem. [Email is Broken]
Colposinquanonia (KAHL-puh-SIN-kwah-NOH-nee-uh): Estimating a woman's beauty based on her chest.
Flip Flopping May Have Injured Kerry's Shoulder
Doctor Advises Senator Not to Change Positions for Two Weeks
With Senator John F. Kerry (D-Mass) set for shoulder surgery in Boston today, an orthopedic surgeon familiar with the Senator’s condition said that Mr. Kerry’s penchant for flip-flopping may have caused the injury to his shoulder.
“Constant or repetitive flip-flopping can cause major orthopedic damage,” said Dr. Robert Claman of Massachusetts General Hospital. “If it goes unchecked, flip-flopping can injure a shoulder far more seriously than tennis or golf.”
Dr. Claman said that Mr. Kerry first felt a nagging pain in the tendon of his shoulder at the outset of his quest for the Democratic nomination, when he started flip-flopping on his vote to authorize military action in Iraq.
“At first he started favoring his right shoulder, but as [Former Vermont Governor] Howard Dean started gaining in the polls, he started favoring the left,” Dr. Claman said.
The orthopedic specialist added that once the surgery is completed, he would strongly urge Mr. Kerry not to change his positions for the next two weeks to give the damaged tendon time to heal.
“I told him that if he goes out there and starts flip-flopping on gay marriage or taxes, he’s going to wind up right back on the operating table,” Dr. Claman said. “He agreed with me at first, then disagreed, but then agreed with me again.”
In other news, the French lawyer who is defending Saddam Hussein said today that he was actively seeking the lone Tyco holdout juror to sit on the Iraqi madman's jury.
What They Said:
BBS says Busted on 4/9/2004
enevi says nice on 4/20/2004
just wanted to compliment you on the sweet new menu...
An elderly man walks into a confessional. The following conversation ensues:
"I am 92 years old, have a wonderful wife of 70 years, many children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren," the old man began. "Yesterday, I picked up two college girls, hitchhiking. We went to a motel, where I had sex with each of them three times."
"Are you sorry for your sins?" the Priest asks.
"What sins?" asked the old man.
"What kind of a Catholic are you?" demands the Priest.
"I'm Jewish," said the old man.
"Then why are you telling me all this?" asks the Priest.
"I'm telling everybody," replied the old man.
YOU CAN BE A DEMOCRAT! - Virtually anyone can be a Democrat; just simply quit thinking and vote that way. But if you want to be a GOOD Democrat, there are some necessary prerequisites. Compare the list below and see how you rate.
1. You have to believe the AIDS virus is spread by a lack of federal funding.
2. You have to believe that the same teacher who can't teach 4th graders how to read is somehow qualified to teach those same kids about sex.
3. You have to believe that guns, in the hands of law-abiding Americans, are more of a threat than U. S. nuclear weapons technology in the hands of Chinese communists.
4. You have to believe that there was no art before Federal funding
5. You have to believe that global temperatures are less affected by cyclical, documented changes in the earth's climate, and more affected by yuppies driving SUVs.
6. You have to believe that gender roles are artificial but being homosexual is natural.
7. You have to be against capital punishment but support abortion on demand.
8. You have to believe that businesses create oppression and governments create prosperity.
9. You have to believe that hunters don't care about nature, but loony activists from Seattle do.
10. You have to believe that self-esteem is more important than actually doing something to earn it.
11. You have to believe the military, not corrupt politicians, start wars.
12. You have to believe the NRA is bad, because it supports certain parts of the Constitution, while the ACLU is good, because it supports certain parts of the Constitution.
13. You have to believe that taxes are too low, but ATM fees are too high.
14. You have to believe that Margaret Sanger and Gloria Steinem are more important to American history than Thomas Jefferson, George Washington or Thomas Edison.
15. You have to believe that standardized tests are racist, but racial quotas and set-asides aren't.
16. You have to believe that Hillary Clinton is really a lady.
17. You have to believe that the only reason socialism hasn't worked anywhere it's been tried, is because the right people haven't been in charge.
18. You have to believe conservatives telling the truth belong in jail, but a liar and sex offender belongs in the White House.
19. You have to believe that homosexual parades displaying drag, transvestites and bestiality should be constitutionally protected and manger scenes at Christmas should be illegal.
20. You have to believe that illegal Democratic Party funding by the Chinese is somehow in the best interest of the United States.
VOTE DEMOCRATIC... It's easier than getting a job!
What They Said:
RantUser says Dave on 3/22/2004
RantUser says on 3/24/2004
LegoDoug says Randomness on 5/10/2004
Remember the pre-Regan election ads, "The Democrats Are Out of Gas"?
:: sigh ::
<a href="http://www.townhall.com/columnists/georgewill/gw20040215.shtml">George Will: A Few Questions for John Kerry</a>
I've been working on a quite lenghty post regarding the idea of non-traditional marriages.
Then I stumbled upon some striking numbers.
Average Teachers Salary in MA: $50,177
Average Nurses Salary in MA: $50,448
Police Officer: $46,343
How much money have we wasted talking, writing, yelling, arguing about non-traditional marriages.
Honestly, where are our priorities?
60 Degrees today... I'll be working out on the deck before I know it. I could really do without the mud though.
Thieves steal historic locomotive, sell it for scrap metal. Authorities say culprits must have been well trained since they left no tracks.
So NASA can get pictures from Mars which is about 48,466,952 miles away from earth, so why doesn't my cell phone work in my house? Why does it take 4 days to get a voicemail message? Can you hear me now?
Oh.. and if you didn't click on the link above for the picture, here it is again. It's pretty amazing what they found.
Question: What is the truest definition of Globalization?
Answer: Princess Diana's death.
Question: How come?
Answer: An English princess with an Egyptian boyfriend crashes in a French tunnel, driving a German car with a Dutch engine, driven by a Belgian who was drunk on Scottish whisky, (check the bottle before you change the spelling) followed closely by Italian Paparazzi, on Japanese motorcycles; treated by an American doctor, Using Brazilian medicines. This is sent to you by an American, using Bill Gates's technology, and you're probably reading this on your computer, that use Taiwanese chips, and a Korean monitor, assembled by Bangladesh workers in a Singapore plant, transported by Indian lorry-drivers, hijacked by Indonesians, unloaded by Sicilian longshoremen, and trucked to you by Mexican illegals.....
That, my friends, is Globalization.
There is a new puppy in the house.. more pictures are coming, you'll just have to look at the whole litter for a little bit..mmmkay?
What They Said:
The Mgmt says QOTD on 2/5/2004
BBS, AliG & PJ says HAPPY 60th on 2/11/2004
Happy Birthday to Mom H/ Grammy
I'll admit it.. I watched some of the State of The Union Address the other night. I did get a chuckle at one point though; I'm used to the apparently mandatory applause after every sentence (though whether they're applauding what was said, or the fact that he managed to get through one more sentence without stumbling, I'm not sure about). I was surprised when after mentioning that the Patriot Act expires in the near future, the Democratic portion of Congress interrupted Bush's speech at that point to start applauding.
Seeing Bush's annoyance as he turned toward the applauding people and shook his head ("No, no, that's not where you're supposed to clap! You missed your cue!") was priceless.
How to lose subscribers
LONDON (AP) - Britain's biggest-selling hiking magazine apologized Wednesday after its latest issue contained a route that would lead climbers off the edge of a cliff on Britain's tallest peak.
The February edition of Trail magazine gives advice on making a safe descent for hikers caught in bad weather on Ben Nevis in Scotland.
But the magazine's directions would instead lead readers off the north face of the 4,406-foot mountain, which is notorious for its changeable weather and has claimed the lives of several climbers.
What They Said:
enevi says update? on 1/29/2004
a new pup, and no cake updates? and ads on the response page! w00t!